WBHA Field Trials
2020 Field Trial Results
|2020 FIELD TRIAL RESULTS - TOP 10 MALES|
|2020 FIELD TRIAL RESULTS - TOP 10 FEMALES|
2021 Field Trial Schedule
|3/13/21||Inner Circle Houndsmen||Bass Hollow Rec Area||Dan Phillips Jr.||715-560-3771|
|3/20/21||Gold Mine Bear Hunters||Ingraham Farm||John Kratz||608-297-7993|
|4/3/21||County Line Houndsmen||Lavalle Sportsmen Club||Wayne Zeitlow||608-985-7814|
|4/10/21||WBHA Benefit Field Trial||Lavalle Sportsmen Club||Corey Hermanson
|4/17/21||Chili Dave's Houndrun||Keith Durham Farm||Dave Hainz||715-937-5085|
|4/24/21||Mid-State Houndsmen Assoc.||Stan Pelot Sr. Farm||Hubert Malson
|5/1/21||Lavalle Sportsmen Club||Lavalle Sportsmen Club||Tim Novy||608-983-2460|
|5/8/21||Claws and Paws||Tim Gavinski Farm||Dan Phillips Sr.||608-415-8872|
|5/15/21||South Central Field Trialers||Bass Hollow Rec Area||Corey Hermanson||608-732-4483|
|5/22/21||Soggy Bottom Houndsmen||Wilson Memorial Park||Rick Nelson||715-214-6717|
|6/5/21||Timber Coulee Houndsmen||Chaston||Andy Christensen||715-797-3403|
|6/12/21||Logan Brody Field Trial||Wilson Memorial Park||Logan Brody||715-210-4568|
|6/19/21||WBHA Field Trial Meeting||Dave Hainz||715-937-5085|
WBHA Field Trial Rules and Standards
- Club hosting the event must be a member of the Wisconsin Bear Hunters Association.
- Events must be scheduled before July 1st to allow all members the opportunity to enjoy the full training season.
- Clubs will supply qualified judges and colored collars to identify dogs as needed.
- Events must be listed for points in the event schedule in the WBHA publications. (Excluding Benefit Field Trials approved by Field Trial Committee).
- Results from field trial and remittance for trophy fund must be sent in within 15 days from date of field trial.
- Owner/handler must be member of WBHA before start of event to receive points for WBHA trophies. Memberships will be available on the grounds.
- Judges decision is final. Arguments will result in dog and owner/handler being scratched.
- Dogs will be scratched for fighting during their heats. Heats are not considered complete until all dogs are handled and held back from the tree. Incidental contact will be permitted. Dogs scratched for fighting will be scratched all day. Dogs disqualified will be allowed to reenter consolation or pot races.
- Dogs scratched 3 times in one year are out for a calendar year from the date of the 3rd scratch.
- No muzzles allowed.
- Full hounds only (Monitored by Host Clubs Field Trial Director). Refer to the UKC Coonhound Standards.
- Males and females must run separately. It is the host club option to run a separate track for the final heats. No running of females in heat.
- If club allows a consolation heat, those hounds finishing 1st or 2nd will advance to their respective heats.
- Checking your dog at start line will be allowed for a maximum of 3 seconds by discretion of starting line judge. Dogs starting early will be disqualified.
- There shall be a designated start line, finish line and 15 foot radius circle line at tree. [This can be paint, lime, rope or any other suitable item].
- Dogs will be handled after all trees are declared or 3 minutes after the first dog crosses the finish line. Handling prior to 3 minutes will be by tree judges discretion. (Handlers are to have visual contact of finish line).
- Dogs will be allowed a maximum of 10 minutes after their handlers have returned to the tree. Dogs must cross finish line before reaching the tree or they will be disqualified.
- All dogs that are declared tied, for line or tree by judges, will receive points for the position that they have been awarded.
- It is the responsibility of the host club to notify the field trial committee that day of any dogs scratched so that any corrective action can be taken prior to next field trial event.
- It is the host clubs discretion as to what the awards will be.
- No rerunning of heats after one heat comes through.
- Corrective action with E-collars will be allowed.
- No warming up of dogs at home tree prior to event that day.
- No physical abuse of dogs while at an event.
- Dogs need to be scratched at start line (if that is where the incident happens) or the finish line. BEFORE the next heat starts.
Revised June 8, 2019